Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Integration Getting There

 Last night was the 3rd night of the young Hen Owners to stay overnight in the Condo.

The first night, Yin and Zelda slept in the run with Yang in the Condo. Come the second night, Zelda and Yin slept on the porch with Yang in the Condo. Last night, with some intervention and conversation, I got them all in the Condo. Though Yang easily came in on her own, Penny wasn't too happy. Standing in the Condo, I was able to coax Yin in. Then I manually closed the door and turned out the lights. I ran down, picked up Zelda, who had settled to sleep on her crate in the run, as she complained the entire time that I carried her into the coop.

Come the morning, while the littles are still cautious of the older Hen Owners, no blood was drawn.

One of the things that I am very glad that I did, was build a crate for the littles to have a place to get away. While the bigger Hens are able to squeeze themselves into the crate, they don't bother often.


In this snapshot, Zelda and Yin are chilling in the crate. Yang is preening in the middle of the run and the golden girls are just milling about. Whew.

#introducingyoungchicks #integratingyoungchicks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Using Those Ole Chicken Feed Bags!

Main food for the Hen Owners is 25lb bag of Kalmbach Organic layer pellets. I have this on a subscription from Chewy.com to ensure that we d...