Monday, January 18, 2021

Chicken Toy (Used Water Bottle)

 


I came across this idea on Pinterest and had to try it. I knew they'd be initially afraid of it, so I put it in the run before the auto coop door opened. Below is a short clip, they were able to work at getting the grains out!

The bottle doesn't have to be filled all the way, maybe a quarter or a third of the bottle.


Drilling empty plastic bottles can be tricky. I start with the smallest bit that I have, then gradually increase the size until the hole is at the desired size. There were still about 3-4 kernels of corn that didn't roll out, but I wouldn't drill a hole any smaller.

#chickentoys #coopboredombuster #chickenwinterfun



No comments:

Post a Comment

Using Those Ole Chicken Feed Bags!

Main food for the Hen Owners is 25lb bag of Kalmbach Organic layer pellets. I have this on a subscription from Chewy.com to ensure that we d...